LEGAL AND COOKIES
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The term ‘Edinburgh Bicycle’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative, 8 Alvanley Terrace, Whitehouse Loan, Edinburgh EH9 1DU Our company registration number is 1932 R(S) under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative Limited complies with UK Consumer Law including Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. This is the minimum we will do to ensure your experience with Edinburgh Bicycle is a pleasant one, these terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Distance Selling Regulations give you the right to return any unwanted goods (with some exceptions) within fourteen days of receiving them providing they are unused and in their original packaging. We have more specific guidelines on how to return an item in our Buying Guide.
ORDERING INFORMATION AND CARD SECURITY
All orders placed online are held on our secure server and are encrypted by AlphaSSL.
Once your order is placed, we will email confirmation of the details of your order and keep you informed of the progress of your order by email and/or telephone.
All Website, Mail Order and Click & Collect payments are processed at the point of purchase.
When acknowledgement of your order is received, this indicates that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. Your order constitutes an offer to EBC to buy goods. All orders are subject to acceptance by EBC. We will confirm acceptance by sending you an email that confirms all of the relevant details of the order. The contract between EBC and and you will only be formed when we send you the order confirmation.
We work to ensure represented stock is available. If items ordered become unavailable, we will contact you to suggest an appropriate alternative. If no suitable alternative is available, we will cancel the order.
We may choose to send goods to you in more than one package, part order the goods and unless otherwise instructed will hold any unfulfilled part of your order for up to 28 days. After this time, we will email you either with an alternative (if available) or confirmation of cancellation.
We reserve the right to cancel the contract between us if:
i) We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered; or
ii) The delivery service provider does not deliver to your area; or
iii) One of more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to an input error in the pricing information received by us from your suppliers; or
iv) We have reason to suspect that there is a risk of a fraudulent transaction; or
v) We are unable to obtain authorised payment or the payment process is incomplete.
We shall accept no liability in respect of any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
We reserve the right to ask for further information regarding the cardholder’s name, address and contact details. If this information is not forthcoming, Edinburgh Bicycle may choose not to proceed with the order. We reserve this right to protect both you and other bona fide customers.
Should you need to amend or cancel an order please do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you may call us during opening times on 0345 257 0808.
Free delivery service is available on any accessory or clothing order over £20 to any UK mainland address (including islands and Northern Ireland but excluding Channel Islands).
Delivery for any bicycle order to any UK mainland address is £15. There is a £35 delivery charge to UK islands and Northern Ireland, and in some instances there will be a surcharge applicable where ferry crossings are necessary. A full list of postcodes and associated delivery charges can be found here.
Next Day Delivery is available for a small additional charge. Next Day orders will be dispatched on the same day providing that the order is received by 12 noon on that day and the goods are available and in stock. The Next Day Delivery option is a working day service (Monday to Friday), and excludes weekends and public holidays. This service is only available for accessory/clothing orders but is not available in some remote parts of the UK including Highlands and Islands (sorry).
Saturday delivery is also available for a small additional charge. Delivery will be the next available Saturday dependant on stock availability and/or workshop space, delivery may not be the Saturday immediately after the order is placed. This service is available for both Bicycle and Accessory/Clothing orders but is not available in some remote parts of the UK including Highlands and Islands (sorry).
Other timed services are available, again these depend upon stock availability and delivery location. As with all orders we will endeavour to keep you informed of the progress of your order by email and/or telephone.
If you are unsure of the services available in your area we advise that you call us on 0345 257 0808 for clarification.
All deliveries require a signature upon receipt.
Please bring the following items with you:
- Proof of purchase – a copy of your confirmation email or your sales receipt.
- A form of ID – for your protection against fraud, we cannot release your order without seeing either the card you used to place the order or photo ID (passport, driving license, etc).
Once your order arrives in store, you will have up to 10 days to collect your order (unless otherwise instructed). If uncollected, your order will be sent to our Returns Department and you will be refunded within 28 days.
For security reasons designed to protect customers, only you can collect your order.
We amend these Terms from time to time. Please revisit these pages on a regular basis.
Whilst every effort is taken to ensure our prices are correct, we reserve the right to amend or correct prices where necessary.
All advertised prices include VAT at the standard UK rate (currently 20%) unless otherwise stated.
Some items such as helmets, books and children’s clothing are currently VAT exempt. VAT does not apply to goods dispatched outside the EU nor does it apply to VAT Exempt areas such as the Channel Islands.
Liabilities and Guarantees
All goods supplied come with a minimum one-year guarantee subject to fair use, wear and tare (please see individual products for further information). Should a product fail within its guarantee period due to a manufacturing defect, please return it to us for inspection.
Compatibility of products is not guaranteed. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Goods are only supplied for intended use, Edinburgh Bicycle cannot accept responsibility for any item or product used out-with its intended use or for use in competition.
We reserve the right to make good any item returned to us for warranty, where this is not possible we may on occasion choose to offer a full refund or replace with a similar or equivalent product.
Brompton operates a warranty policy through its dealers. This warranty service may be obtained by returning the product to the dealer from whom it was purchased.
The Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative believes in and is fully committed to respecting and protecting our customer’s privacy. Under GDPR, our customers have the following rights which we will always work to uphold. Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at any time using the details below to find out more how we use your data in line with these rights:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Policy page should tell you everything you need to know
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you – you can access and amend your preferences by logging into your account and managing these from your ‘My Account’ area
- The right to have your personal data changed if any of the data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete – you can access and amend your preferences by logging into your account and managing these from your ‘My Account’ area
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of the personal data that we have – this should be done in writing as detailed below
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling.
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where such personal data is held). This is known as a Subject Access Request. All subject access requests should be made in writing addressed to The Data Protection Officer using the address information below.
WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER?
Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative is the Data Controller and we are registered with the ICO. Our registration number is Z5472895 and our registration can be viewed here.
DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
From time to time it may be necessary for us to share some of your personal data with a third party in order to fulfil the purposes of a transaction. These parties include:
- Service providers based in the UK who provide IT and system administration services
- Companies and organisations who conduct fraud prevention and credit risk reduction services
We are entitled to share data with them as it is within our legitimate business interest to do so.
- Service providers based in the UK, EU, and the USA who provide payment processing systems
- Third party courier services who will ship products to you
We are entitled to share data with these parties as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the contract between us and you.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations.
WHAT INFORMATION WE DO WE HOLD ABOUT YOU?
- Information that you have given us: when creating an account, making a purchase instore or online, subscribing to marketing communications you provide details such as your name, email address, delivery address, shipping address and telephone number.
- Information we collect about you: when you visit our website, we may automatically collect information about you such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address which connects your device to the internet, login information, browser type, the country and regional telephone code when your computer is located and information about your visit including products you’ve viewed, page response times and download errors. Please note, you cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Information from other sources.
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
- To fulfil and process your order e.g. authorising payment and arranging shipping of products. In some cases, it may be necessary to provide your information to external companies such as delivery firms who carry out logistic services on our behalf. These companies are not allowed to use your data for any other purpose.
We also use a service and product review platform (Trustpilot) to gather information from our customers and their experiences with our company. After a purchase, you will receive an email for both aspects (service & product) if applicable. On receiving these emails, whilst we would greatly appreciate feedback from you, you have the right to unsubscribe and this will prohibit use of your email address being used for feedback requests in future purchases.
If you have agreed to marketing communications, we may contact you with details of products and services we think you’ll be interested in. You can change your marketing communication preferences at any time through your online account, by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We never sell your information to other companies or brands.
- By tracking the behaviour of customers on our site en masse, we can identify areas where we can improve and update our website and the content on it.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
- Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) you are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of your information please write to us at the address below. Please note that there may be a charge of £10 for this service, as permitted under the Act.
- You can change your marketing communication preferences at any time through your online account, by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of every email or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. Edinburgh Bicycle set two types of Cookies on a users system. Two are system Cookies which check your browser preferences and then keep track of your shopping cart once you have selected an item to purchase. These can be identified in your browsers as ebwCookieCheck and ACTIVE4D_SESSIONID and are essential to the function of our site. The second set of Cookies are used by Google Analytics & Ads in order to see how visitors use the site and help us make improvements. These can be identified as _utma, _utmb, _utmc and _utmz. You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. You can opt out of interest-based ads by Google by visiting http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
We use AdWords remarketing to market our sites across the web. We place a cookie on a browser, and then a 3rd party (Google) reads these cookies and may serve an ad on a 3rd party site. You may opt out of this ad serving on Google’s opt out page. If you are concerned about 3rd party cookies served by networks, you should also visit the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page. Also, this guide to the best free anti-tracking browser extentions can be found here.
Modern Slavery Statement
Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative fully supports the government’s objectives to eradicate modern slavery and human trafficking. Click here to view our Modern Slavery Statement.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PRODUCT REVIEWS, QUESTIONS & ANSWERS AND IMAGE SUBMISSIONS
Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative Ltd encourage users of this website to post reviews, ask questions and upload images, as long as the content is not illegal, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, infringes copyright, or otherwise causes injury to third parties. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative Ltd reserves the right to remove or edit any content if deemed necessary.
Posting a review, question, image or other content –
- grants us the right to use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and distribute the material;
- indicates to us that the content is original, does not contravene copyright legislation or our guidelines above;
- indicates that all “moral rights” that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you.
You acknowledge that you, not Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative Ltd, are responsible for the contents of your submission. None of the content that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Edinburgh Bicycle, its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners or third party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees.
By submitting your email address in connection with your review or question, you agree that we may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.
We will randomly select one winner from all reviews on a regular basis. Prize draw winners will be notified by the 15th of the following month. Prize draw winner’s names can be requested from email@example.com.
Brompton trademarks and logos are the intellectual property of Brompton.
Brompton operates a warranty policy through its dealers. This warranty service may be obtained by returning the product to the dealer from whom it was purchased.
In the unlikely event that you need to complain about a product or a particular service please do so by writing to us at the address below. Please include full details of your complaint including dates and times of contact with us along with copies of any correspondence that we have sent you. If you prefer to email us this information please send this to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All complaints will be dealt with thoroughly, speedily, confidentially, objectively and sensitively.
Our suppliers reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice. Edinburgh Bicycle Cooperative will do all it can to maintain prices and specifications on this web site, however we do reserve the right to change specifications and prices without notice.
Similarly, despite the wonders of modern computers, it is realistic to expect the colour of any item bought to differ subtly from the image online.
OFFERS & PROMOTIONS
Automated/bulk entries and entries from third parties will be disqualified.
Other terms and conditions may apply to specific offers and promotions. Please see individual offer for further details.
Due to administrative costs, bicycles on sale may not be purchased through Cyclescheme, Salary Exchange, Bike2work Scheme or P&MM/Cycleplus. Please speak to a member of staff.
Edinburgh Bicycle Co-operative
8 Alvanley Terrace
Edinburgh EH9 1DU
Edinburgh Bicycle is a workers co-operative registered under the Co-operative and Community Benefit Societies Act 2014.
VAT No. 327323964